Preparing For Your Procedure
Thank you for choosing Mississippi Cardiovascular Center of Excellence. Please be sure to review the information you received regarding preparation for your procedure. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (228)-300-3007.
- Continue taking prescribed medications unless otherwise instructed.
- Continue taking Aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel), Effient, and Brilinta unless specifically instructed to stop.
- If you take Insulin, only take a half dose the morning of the procedure, regardless of your scheduled procedure time. Do not take any other diabetes medication on the morning of the procedure.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure, including gum and candy. If your procedure is in the afternoon, you may eat a light breakfast the morning of your procedure.
- Do not use tobacco products after midnight the night before your procedure.